Come and take a step into a 1950s roadhouse inspired restaurant located just a few minutes South on route 9. Coyote Grill is a great place to enjoy a delicious meal off of the global menu and/or drink from the martini lounge featured in the restaurant.
Coyote Grill’s global food and drink menu has something for everyone. The possibilities on this menu are endless, so much so, that the restaurant recently tried to revamp the menu.
In an interview with the manager of Coyote Grill, Katie and I learned a great deal about the restaurant. Here are some of the questions and answered that we asked and received.
1. What is your favorite item off of the menu?
- Nachos: crisp tortilla chips covered with cheddar cheese and topped with black beans, shaved lettuce, green onions, jalapenos, guacamole, sour cream and pico de gallo | $ 9.95
- Pasta Sofia: penne pasta tossed with chicken, plum tomatoes, roasted garlic, mozzarella, and fresh basil | lunch portion $10.95/ dinner portion $15.95
- Parmesan Crusted Chicken: breast of chicken coated in a parmesan romano cheese crust, served with pasta tossed in a light tomato cream sauce | $16.95
- Jambalaya Pasta: shrimp, sausage, chicken sautéed with onions, peppers, and tomatoes in our very spicy Cajun sauce. Served over linguine or rice | $ 17.95
- Navajo Wrap: grilled chicken, black beans, avocado, lettuce, tomato, cheddar cheese, and spicy mayonnaise, wrapped in a four tortilla (whole wheat wrap available) | $8.95
- Sympathy Salad: grilled chicken, fresh roma tomatoes, asparagus, red and yellow peppers, haricot verts, fresh mozzarella, mixed greens, tossed with parmesan and our house vinaigrette | lunch portion $10.95/ dinner portion $ 13.95
Anything on the menu can be modified. Portion size is generally large and great for sharing.
2. Do you get your ingredients locally?
Yes, and all our seafood is from New Paltz.
3. What are some of your healthier recommendations for Marist students?
Everything on the menu is made fresh. None of the dishes offered on the menu are pre-made. At Coyote Grill, anything can be modified and/ or customized. Whether it’s a change in particular ingredients featured in the requested dish, for the food to be cooked in light oil, or just to have your sauce on the side, Coyote Grill will make the change. Coyote Grill actually has a button on the cashier that is a “build your own sandwich button,” which allows the restaurant to cater to what the customer would like to eat. Coyote Grill is very accommodating and wants their customers to leave with satisfaction.
4. Did Marist students have any influence on any of the items on the menu?
Not particularly on the menu. However, Marist drives a lot of Coyote Grill’s business during parents weekend and around graduation.
Coyote Grill also employees Marist students. Coyote Grill likes and looks for students who want to make some extra money. There are currently two Marist students working for Coyote Grill.
5. Do you accept Marist money?
No, Coyote Grill does not.
Coyote Grill’s vintage atmosphere, wide- selection of global dishes and friendly staff makes this restaurant an experience that all students should enjoy while at Marist College.
For more information about Coyote Grill check out their website at http://coyotegrillny.com/